Friday, April 18, 2008

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

This is one of Kade's many favorite books. He asks for it all the time. We read it all the time. I'm serious. And, perhaps like many other children, he memorizes his favorite books. Even after just a few readings, if he likes a book he can finish the sentance or phrase. In the mornings when Aaron brings him in the room for "jump on Mommy time!"-- yeah, talk about a nice wake-up call-- he'll say "No more monkey jumping bed!" And then, he'll jump on me. And on the bed. Jumping... another one of his FAVORITE things to do. Serious. I guess he doesn't think he's a monkey... So, maybe I need to start reading the book differently?

"Eight little Kades jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head!
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
'No more Kades jumping on the bed!' "

Naw... I don't mind so much, so long he doesn't jump on the furniture, little monkey boy!

So, some of his favorite books right now are:

Mother May I?

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?

Anything with a train or cars in it

Cars

No more monkeys jumping on the bed

Scriptures (the scripture reader books with pictures put out by the church)

How do dinosoars say goodnight (this series is AWESOME!)

Bear wants more!

The board book version of "Where is my mother?" (he loves to say, "down down down, plop!" and "snort!" and "oh no!")

Green Eggs and Ham

CTR (he says, "Choose Right! Choose right!")

and others...

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE how you did that! Kade is so cute and it's adorable that he knows that book!